Sadly, in economic downturns many people are faced with tough decisions about their pets. If you are having trouble paying for food and medicine for your pet, there are many organizations that can help. Before making the decision to give up your animal, please check out these resources to ease the financial strain while keeping your pet healthy and safe at home.
These are a FRACTION of the resources available. If you don't see what you need, try googling "Pet Financial Aid". Additionally, there are many pet food pantries available by city and state location. We encourage you to google "Pet Food Pantry" and your city/state, to find a location.
1. http://www.browndogfoundation.org - Prescription medicine aid
2. www.frankiesfriends.org - helping pets in need of emergency and specialty veterinary care
3. http://www.onyxandbreezy.org - grants and assistance with medical care, food and critical cases.
4. http://www.petsofthehomeless.org - Pet food and veterinary care assistance for homeless.
5. https://redrover.org/2020/03/23/coronavirus-covid19/ - has special resources to help animals during the COVID 19 crisis.
6. http://www.shakespeareanimalfund.org - emergency care, especially during COVID 19 crisis.
7. https://wagglefoundation.org/riedelcody/ - Support for pets suffering with cancer.
8. https://waggle.org - A pet-dedicated crowdfunding solution that channels funds directly to verified veterinary providers to ensure the money goes only to the pet's care.